June 22, 2010

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia

So, yet another post on something that I bought recently. I keep posting here because I am procrastinating about my other, more professional blog, Watchers of Tomorrow. I'll get started there eventually.

I recently picked up the latest DK Star Wars Clone Wars book, the Character Encyclopedia. It's 207 wonderful pages covering almost every single character that has appeared in the Clone Wars TV series to date. From the 2-1B Surgical Droid to Ziro the Hutt and everything in between. I mean, come on...the BD-3000 Luxury Droid, Davu Golec, the angel from Iego, Mathee Dunn (the Rodian mom from the episode where Cad Bane steals force-sensitive children). It covers everyone, which makes it a true encyclopedia.

I love books like this. With great graphics and short writeups, it is loads of fun to read (my daughter loves these types of books too, because she can ask lots of questions and memorize who everyone is). It has the standard witty DK callouts for each character like "welcoming expression", "jowls are evidence of vast appetites", and my personal favorite, "soul patch is kept immaculate". You also learn things you never, ever, ever thought you would know like Pilf Mukmuk (Hondo Ohnaka's pet monkey-lizard) has a brother named Pikk. Now you know...

I highly recommend this book to all fans of the Clone Wars TV show, it's a must have, and you'll flip through it again and again and agin.

No comments:

Post a Comment