April 23, 2014

A Winter Soldier's Tale...

So, I wasn't going to ever buy another non-Iron Man Marvel Legends figure, but I thought it would be nice to have a Marvel Now version of Captain America...

This led to picking up a Steve Rogers from Captain America: The Winter Soldier... then a Winter Soldier... then a Baron Zemo... Since I had three of the "build a figure" pieces for the SHIELD Mandroid, why not finish it up? Finding a Black Widow with the torso piece is currently impossible (who has the time to hunt), so I found a nice seller on eBay who had the torso for cheap. With the Red Skull and his Cosmic Cube, I finished the set. So much for not getting any more Marvel Legends.

I was also lucky enough to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier last night, while on vacation. What a great movie. Really great. It was the best G.I. Joe movie I ever saw.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I am still trying to master my mobile phone camera (I WILL figure out how to focus eventually).
 
From the comics - Red Skull, Baron Zemo, Captain America
From the movie - The Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers
SHIELD Mandroid

No comments:

Post a Comment